Do you have an adult child still living at home, long after you expected them to move out?
Are you wondering what comes next for them and need some direction or support services?
Are you having trouble getting your adult child to seek or maintain employment or help out around the house?
Does your adult child spend a lot of time playing video games, or engaged in their own special interests instead of working, participating in their community, or going to school?
Adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities may lag behind their peers in completing schooling or maintaining employment. They may still live at home and spend an inordinate amount of time on social media or playing video games. If your adult child lacks confidence, has little to no work ethic and lacks goals or motivation, they may benefit from specialized consultative behavior analytic services. Other issues interfering with living more independently include a narrow focus of interests, social anxiety, low tolerance for stress, and failure to assume adult responsibilities due to skill deficits.
If any of this resonates with what’s going on in your life…
- Your adult child can’t get through an employment application or interview
- Your adult child is anxious or lacks motivation
- You have arguments with your partner or others because your adult child is still living at home
- Your adult child acts hostile, entitled and/or refuses to help out with basic chores
- You want to help motivate your adult son or daughter to find meaningful activities and work outside
- You need help enforcing structure and boundaries at home
- You’d like your adult child to contribute with rent and chores while going to school or work
… then Applied Behavior Analysis Specialized Consultative Services can help.
Treatment and structure can help young adults successfully transition into adulthood. Functional Assessment can help them identify underlying causes for the issues they struggle with, and find new and positive ways to cope with and overcome these difficulties.
If your adult child is struggling transition to adulthood, we can help. Give us a call today and let’s schedule a time to talk.